A balance sheet is a financial statement used to report a company’s assets, liabilities and shareholders’ equity at a specific point in time. When you need to evaluate the return of investment in a project or assess of the capital structure of a company, you can refer to the balance sheet of that project or company.
A balance sheet is one of the financial statements used to evaluate the financial health of a company.
The balance sheet contains the following main components:
- Current assets include cash, treasury bills or short-term deposits and other precious metal assets. Long-term assets include land, equipment, property or intellectual property.
- Liabilities are mainly the Company’s various borrowings from external parties.
- -Shareholders’ equity, mainly refers to the funds attributable to the owners or investing shareholders of the company.
This article will provide a free basic balance sheet template to help companies review their costs and balance their budgets. This balance sheet can be compared year by year and includes accumulated depreciation costs. The template can help you with the math associated with a balance sheet and can save a lot of time for your business.
Blue balance sheet
This blue balance sheet is officially provided by Microsoft Excel and you can create the template directly in the Excel application or download it from the official website.
You can use this blue balance sheet template to compare and monitor your company’s liabilities, assets and equity.
This template contains 3 worksheets：Summary, Assets, Liabilities and owner’s equity.
- Summary: This worksheet summarizes the company’s total assets and total liabilities data through tables and compares the changes in different asset categories over the last two years through bar charts.
- Assets: This worksheet contains asset details for different asset categories.
- Liabilities and owner’s equity: This worksheet contains a breakdown of the different liabilities of the company.
Let’s see how to use this balance sheet template:
Step1: Open Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet, click on the File menu, and then click on the New submenu
Step2: In the New dialog box, find the template search box, type in the keyword ” Blue balance sheet ” and press Enter, you will see the Blue balance sheet template.
Step3: Click the Create button to download the selected Blue balance sheet template to create a new Blue balance sheet spreadsheet.
Step4: You need to enter current Assets, Fixed Asses, and other Assets details in the Assets worksheets.
Step5: You need to enter Current Liabilities, Long-Term Liabilities and Owners’ Equity details in the Liabilities and owner’s equity worksheet.
Step6: When you enter the corresponding data in the Assets and Liabilities and owner’s equity worksheets, the summary data of the company’s total assets and total liabilities in the Summary worksheet will also be calculated automatically.
Moreover, the data in the bar comparison charts for different asset categories for the last two years are automatically updated.
If you still need a custom budget template, you can leave us a comment.
If you are looking for balance sheet template, check out Microsoft office site by clicking here.