This post will guide you how to use Excel MIN function with syntax and examples in Microsoft excel.
The Excel MIN function returns the smallest numeric value from the numbers that you provided. Or returns the smallest value in the array.
The MIN function is a build-in function in Microsoft Excel and it is categorized as a Statistical Function.
The MIN function is available in Excel 2016, excel 2013, excel 2010, excel 2007, excel 2003, excel XP, excel 2000, excel 2011 for Mac.
The syntax of the MIN function is as below:
Where the MIN function arguments are:
- num1 -This is a required argument. A number, or a reference to a number or a range that contains numeric values
- Num2,…Numn – This is an optional argument. A number, or a reference to a number or a range that contains numeric values
- The MIN function will not compare empty cells
- The MIN function can accept up to 255 arguments with numeric value.
- The MIN function will ignore Boolean values (TRUE and FALSE)
- The MIN function will ignore numbers that the format is text.
- The returned value of The MIN function is a numeric value.
Excel MIN Function Examples
The below examples will show you how to use Excel MIN Function to get the smallest value form the numbers.
#1 To get the smallest value from the column A, just using the following excel formula:
More MIN Function Examples
- Split Text and Numbers
If you want to split text and numbers from one cell into two different cells, you can use a formula based on the FIND function, the LEFT function or the RIGHT function and the MIN function. .…
- Limit Formula Result to Maximum or Minimum Value
You can use the MIN function or Max function to create a formula to limit a number within a minimum or maximum value. .….